Coffee BBQ Rub:
- 2 tablespoons ancho chile powder
- 2 tablespoons finely ground dark or espresso roast coffee
- 5 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot smoked paprika
- 1½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1½ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ teaspoons ground coriander
- 1½ teaspoons mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon chile de árbol powder or ¾ teaspoon finely ground red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
Just mix all ingredients and rub on a steak, ribs, porkchops, or chicken, and let sit for a few hours or overnight.
We recommend either grilling, or searing meats on a pan and finishing in the oven.