How to Brew: Pourover
HOW TO BREW USING A POUROVER / CONE FILTER:
This method is a manual pour over and an excellent way to brew a great cup of coffee one cup at a time. We highly recommend using a kitchen scale to brew.
- Place cone on a cup, place filter in cone and pour hot water through filter to preheat cone and remove paper flavors.
- Dump water from cup and place cone on top. Add 3 tablespoons (.5 oz/3g) medium to fine ground coffee to make 8 oz of finished coffee. Make sure the coffee is flat and level by tapping the cone.
- Bring water to a boil and let cool for 45 seconds.
- First, pour 2 oz(60g) water into cone by pouring a spiral motion to wet all grounds, and let coffee bloom. After about 15 seconds begin slowly pouring the water in a spiral motion from center to edge and back again until you've poured a total of 12 oz(350g) of water. This is where you can customize your pourover process, either by continually pouring or pouring 3 oz(90g) at a time, letting it drip, and repeating until done.
- Let it finish dripping, and you should have about 8 oz of brewed coffee. Once coffee is brewed remove cone from cup and enjoy.